It's All About Belonging...
- In a challenging world people are searching...
- For Community
- For Purpose in Life
- For a Sense of Belonging
- People need to belong:
- To a Family
- To a Community
- To a Church
- As Christians...
- We Belong to The Body of Christ
- We belong to a local church where:
- Our faith is nurtured
- We are free to learn and grow
- We find fellowship
- Churches Need to Belong, Too!
Congregational Christian Churches offer many things:
Faith development in uncertain times.
- The Congregational Way is a way of following Christ. People of Congregational Church's do not seek to be led by a creed, but by the Spirit. We seek to grow through:
- Study of the Bible
- Openness to the leading of the Holy Spirit
- Prayer for our church and for one another
"Just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in him ...strengthened in the faith as you were taught..." - Colossians 2:6
Fellowship with others seeking God's guidance in today's world.
The essence of the Church is fellowship; a unity of spirit between member and member, and the Lord. Each church is gathered as a covenant community. A covenant is a promise to encourage and strengthen one another in faith. Our mission statement calls us, as an Association:
To encourage and assist local churches in their development of vibrant and effective witnesses to Christ in Congregational ways.
"Where two or three come together in my name, there am I with them." - Matthew 18:20
Freedom of conscience in following Christ.
The freedom of this Way is not freedom from responsibility, but freedom to be obedient to the rule of Christ. We are bound by love, not law, to other members of our local church, and to other churches. We understand that each church is ultimately accountable to God.
"It is for freedom that Christ has set us free." - Galatians 5:1
- We are an Association designed to assist churches such as yours. We may be of help in:
- Starting new churches
- Searching for a minister
- Preparing men and women for the ministry
- Promoting and monitoring missions
- Providing spiritual resources for youths and adults
"Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it." - I Corinthians 12:27
Yes, belonging is important. It is good to encourage and assist one another. For further information as to how the National Association of Congregational Christian Churches may assist your church, please contact our national office at:
8473 South Howell Avenue
PO Box 288
Oak Creek, Wisconsin 53154
FAX: (414) 764-0319